Published: Friday, November 11th, 2016
Golden Jubilee staff recognised for making a positive difference
Staff from across the Golden Jubilee Foundation have been recognised for going the “extra mile” at a special ceremony held yesterday (Thursday 10 November).
Held every two years, the Excellence Awards are designed to recognise the positive difference that individuals make towards providing an excellent service to patients, visitors, carers and guests .
In a record year, over 250 nominations were received by staff, patients and members of the public. A total of 17 individuals and teams were honoured at the Excellence Awards 2016 across nine categories.
Excellence in quality customer care
- Ward 3 West nursing team demonstrated a positive, compassionate attitude to patients and clients in everything they do and face new projects with a positive attitude.
Excellence in involvement
- Ann O'Hare, Unit Assistant in 2 West, was nominated by a patient for her exemplified involvement with patients, carers, customers or other service users to improve patient and customer services.
Excellence in quality service
- The Catering Team are committed to delivering high quality nutritionally balanced food that meets the needs of patients. The team achieved national recognition for the standard of service they provide by receiving three prestigious catering awards within three months.
Excellence in collaboration
- The Theatre Team has grown significantly and despite any challenges, the team have maintained a positive attitude, liaising and negotiating with almost every area in the hospital on a daily basis, the team remain professional at all times.
- The Outpatient Department and Pre-Operative team have demonstrated a huge degree of effort and desire to build a new team alliance, showing team spirit and resilience with patient care and delivery being the main focus.
Excellence in innovation
- The eHealth Team delivered a high quality service and a range of systems and technologies which are at the heart of our aim to transition from paper to electronic health records, learning new skills, establish new methods of working and develop cohesive team working with colleagues across the organisation, within a very short period of time.
Excellence in our environment
- The Hotel Green Team support and deliver all elements of the Green Agenda across the hotel. Green Department Champions, who are individuals with a passion to improve and support the committee in all aspects of our activities. The key focus is continuous improvement and innovation with cross departmental involvement.
Excellence in volunteering
- Lung patient Brian Gemmell offers patient peer support to patients within the Cardiothoracic wards who are pre or post surgery.
- James Woods and Allan Stewart provide a Sensory Care service, visiting all areas to see patients who use hearing aids, to ensure that the hearing aids are in good working order.
Excellence in demonstrating our values
- Gary Rice embodies every single one of our values by actively “living them” through his day to day work with everyone at the Golden Jubilee Foundation, providing leadership to team members, and ensuring the hotel runs effectively and efficiently.
- Nurse Debbie and Nurse Franklyn (ICU 2) go the extra mile with all patients but were nominated by one family for ensuring they were comforted and looked after at all times.
Excellence in clinical teaching and/or service innovation
(William Cullen Prize sponsored by the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh)
- Mohammed Asif and John Butler have developed a structured and comprehensive teaching programme in the cardiothoracic surgical department, which has been described as the best of its kind, with co-workers describing them both as approachable and skilled in teaching to all levels.
- Elizabeth (Lily) Hendry always demonstrates a can do attitude and willingness to go that extra mile for the patient and team she is working with..
- Amanda Gracey received an overwhelming amount of support from her colleagues who feel she is an absolute asset to the team. Committed to ensuring the day to day running of the ward goes smoothly, her support is very much appreciated by her fellow team members.
Stewart MacKinnon, Interim Chair of the Golden Jubilee Foundation, commented: “The Excellence Awards bring together departments from across the Board in a variety of categories to highlight the fantastic contributions our staff and volunteers make to visitors, patients and guests on a day-to-day basis.
“All of the nominations were of a high standard and each was deserving of a prize; every person and team who was nominated should be as proud of themselves as we are of them.”